What Members are Reading, Watching and/or Interesting information/website thread

1234 ... 60

What Members are Reading, Watching and/or Interesting information/website thread

Azrael
Another member requested something like this get started,

So if you have read an interesting book or would like to share something about a movie or TV series that really hit home or have run across an interesting website or information you would like to share with the board you could do it here

Re: What Members are Reading, Watching and/or Interesting information/website thread

5thmonkey
Geo Glyphs in Middle East:
Like Middle Eastern Nazca Lines is how these 'geo-glyphs' in Jordan and elsewhere are described. They are visible only from the air... and are old. Never heard about these until a friend sent them to me this evening:

http://www.livescience.com/16046-nazca-lines-wheels-google-earth.html

John... did you ever fly over these? Article mentions pilots seeing them for years. Made me think of you.

Re: What Members are Reading, Watching and/or Interesting information/website thread

5thmonkey
Art and UFOs in History:
As an artist I find this website very interesting. For those of you into history you will like it as well:
http://lithiumdreamer.tripod.com/ufoart.html

Re: ufo's and art

Remote Viewer 2
 5thmonkey!

ufo's and art, what could be better

thanks for the link

Re: What Members are Reading, Watching and/or Interesting information/website thread

Tourmaline
I just received by mail "Where did the Towers go?" By Dr. Judy Wood B.S., M.S., Ph.D. It's amazing how she debunks all of the mainstream theories with forensic analysis and a very thorough analysis I might add.

Try telling people that all of the WTC buildings were brought down by molecular disassociation and transmutation, you'll get that crazy look! lol!

The Energy is non-self quenching - its still doing its job and nothing substantial can be built there maybe that's the reason for the big whole?:

September 11th Memorial
Lou - (when you "die") All your memories will be intact and crystal clear - unlike they are here on earth. You will know sleeper was right.

Lou - Everything we think we know today will be the butt of jokes in less than fifty years.

Lou - There is no such thing as failure, only a new set of challenges.

Re: What Members are Reading, Watching and/or Interesting information/website thread

hoss58
Maybe that is why they put cascading water on that spot, anything else would age so fast that it would become suspect right away and then they would have to admit John and Dr. Wood  are correct
Harness racing maybe fine for some people , I prefer watching the horses....George Carlin

 It is important to remember that, although the Automobile club  has a health plan...the health club does not have an automobile plan....George Carlin

Re: What Members are Reading, Watching and/or Interesting information/website thread

hoss58
5thmonkey wrote
Geo Glyphs in Middle East:
Like Middle Eastern Nazca Lines is how these 'geo-glyphs' in Jordan and elsewhere are described. They are visible only from the air... and are old. Never heard about these until a friend sent them to me this evening:

http://www.livescience.com/16046-nazca-lines-wheels-google-earth.html

John... did you ever fly over these? Article mentions pilots seeing them for years. Made me think of you.
very interesting find 5thmonkey( Bala)      keep up the good work!!!

I think you are correct. Thanks for the photo, it is very revealing.

No, I never had the good fortune to fly near the Nazca Lines.

Re: What Members are Reading, Watching and/or Interesting information/website thread

hoss58
johnlear wrote
hoss58 wrote
5thmonkey wrote
Geo Glyphs in Middle East:
Like Middle Eastern Nazca Lines is how these 'geo-glyphs' in Jordan and elsewhere are described. They are visible only from the air... and are old. Never heard about these until a friend sent them to me this evening:

http://www.livescience.com/16046-nazca-lines-wheels-google-earth.html

John... did you ever fly over these? Article mentions pilots seeing them for years. Made me think of you.
very interesting find 5thmonkey( Bala)      keep up the good work!!!

No, I never had the good fortune to fly near the Nazca Lines.
Wait John , you dismissed this to soon, its not THE nasca lines , these are like them.

They stretch from Syria to Saudi Arabia, can be seen from the air but not the ground, and are virtually unknown to the public.

They are the Middle East's own version of the Nazca Lines — ancient "geolyphs," or drawings, that span deserts in southern Peru — and now, thanks to new satellite-mapping technologies, and an aerial photography program in Jordan, researchers are discovering more of them than ever before. They number well into the thousands.

Referred to by archaeologists as "wheels," these stone structures have a wide variety of designs, with a common one being a circle with spokes radiating inside. Researchers believe that they date back to antiquity, at least 2,000 years ago. They are often found on lava fields and range from 82 feet to 230 feet (25 meters to 70 meters) across.

Harness racing maybe fine for some people , I prefer watching the horses....George Carlin

 It is important to remember that, although the Automobile club  has a health plan...the health club does not have an automobile plan....George Carlin

Re: What Members are Reading, Watching and/or Interesting information/website thread

hoss58
Hey John!! this is  getting to close!!!
Details
Maps
Scientific & Technical
Additional Info
Earthquake Details

This is a computer-generated message -- this event has not yet been reviewed by a seismologist.
Magnitude
1.8
Date-Time
Monday, September 19, 2011 at 18:13:35 UTC
Monday, September 19, 2011 at 11:13:35 AM at epicenter
Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones
Location
36.174°N, 115.082°W
Depth
0.5 km (~0.3 mile) (poorly constrained)
Region
LAS VEGAS URBAN AREA, NEVADA
Distances
2 km (1 miles) W (266°) from Sunrise Manor, NV
6 km (3 miles) NE (40°) from Winchester, NV
8 km (5 miles) SE (136°) from North Las Vegas, NV
13 km (8 miles) E (100°) from Las Vegas, NV
Location Uncertainty
horizontal +/- 8 km (5.0 miles); depth +/- 18.8 km (11.7 miles)
Parameters
NST= 17, Nph= 15, Dmin=104.3 km, Rmss=0.36 sec, Gp=245°,
M-type=local magnitude (ML), Version=8
Source
Seismological Laboratory, University of Nevada, Reno
Event ID
nn00348405
Did you feel it? Report shaking and damage at your location. You can also view a map displaying accumulated data from your report and others.

Harness racing maybe fine for some people , I prefer watching the horses....George Carlin

 It is important to remember that, although the Automobile club  has a health plan...the health club does not have an automobile plan....George Carlin

Re: strange earthquake in Guatemala

Remote Viewer 2
hey, Hoss  there was an earthquake in Guatemala today and the news report from an on-site witness said that the earthquake had a vertical up/down movement not the usual sideways horizontal shaking

Alein Confrontation with the Renegade Aliens

InfoandTruth
Philip Schneider: Government Secrets Revealed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6kTODsqbDI

Philip Schneider was killed in his home around soon after this video

Re: What Members are Reading, Watching and/or Interesting information/website thread

Tourmaline
These are photos I found on the internet on July 20, 2011 of the last Space Shuttle Mission. Note that the air-brusher was on a coffee break!

I'm sure the stars were "left in" to accentuate the Aurora Borealis!

Lou - (when you "die") All your memories will be intact and crystal clear - unlike they are here on earth. You will know sleeper was right.

Lou - Everything we think we know today will be the butt of jokes in less than fifty years.

Lou - There is no such thing as failure, only a new set of challenges.

Re: What Members are Reading, Watching and/or Interesting information/website thread

5thmonkey
Citizen Science:
Humans can outperform computers when illogical decisions are needed to solve problems -- in this article video gamers solve a protein problem that stumped scientists for over a decade!

My children will be thrilled to learn there is future for them in the science fields by playing video games! lol!

NPR Link:
http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2011/09/19/140606555/gamers-solve-stubborn-viral-mystery-the-shape-of-a-key-enzyme?ps=sh_stcathdl

Original article link to Nature, Structure and Molecular Biology Journal:

http://www.nature.com/nsmb/journal/vaop/ncurrent/full/nsmb.2119.html

Re: What Members are Reading, Watching and/or Interesting information/website thread

hoss58
5thmonkey wrote
Citizen Science:
Humans can outperform computers when illogical decisions are needed to solve problems -- in this article video gamers solve a protein problem that stumped scientists for over a decade!

My children will be thrilled to learn there is future for them in the science fields by playing video games! lol!

NPR Link:
http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2011/09/19/140606555/gamers-solve-stubborn-viral-mystery-the-shape-of-a-key-enzyme?ps=sh_stcathdl

Original article link to Nature, Structure and Molecular Biology Journal:

http://www.nature.com/nsmb/journal/vaop/ncurrent/full/nsmb.2119.html
Hey Mrs."V"This is right up your alley, your boys have it made, your hubby can retire now!!!
I can see it now your own shop, on a busy street........
Harness racing maybe fine for some people , I prefer watching the horses....George Carlin

 It is important to remember that, although the Automobile club  has a health plan...the health club does not have an automobile plan....George Carlin

Re: What Members are Reading, Watching and/or Interesting information/website thread

Tourmaline
Hello All,

Maybe a more advanced version of this tech was used to portray planes impacting WTC 1 & 2?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKi8RIhtaEc

Your thoughts?
Lou - (when you "die") All your memories will be intact and crystal clear - unlike they are here on earth. You will know sleeper was right.

Lou - Everything we think we know today will be the butt of jokes in less than fifty years.

Lou - There is no such thing as failure, only a new set of challenges.

Re: What Members are Reading, Watching and/or Interesting information/website thread

Tourmaline
So I'm doing my re-read on Message Board and I come across a great post/link by Noface:

http://www.billyblob.com/cartoons/karma-ghost.html
Lou - (when you "die") All your memories will be intact and crystal clear - unlike they are here on earth. You will know sleeper was right.

Lou - Everything we think we know today will be the butt of jokes in less than fifty years.

Lou - There is no such thing as failure, only a new set of challenges.

Re: What Members are Reading, Watching and/or Interesting information/website thread

johnlear
This is a spectacular find. What is this thingy I have circled?

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us<br/>By johnlear at 2011-09-30

Re: What Members are Reading, Watching and/or Interesting information/website thread

Tourmaline
Whoa!  I got them off of the Yahoo front page of all places LOL!

Is it a HTV-1 or HTV-2? I can see a bit of a tilted up wing tip so maybe an HCV