Music with a message - continued from MB2

1234 ... 44

Music with a message - continued from MB2

baddeddie
Hi Lou and all,

I was missing the posts in the subject column (I'm bettin' my friend Jas & others are 2). My 1st post here is in honor of all of the great work our one and only John Lear has done researching the moon. It the lyrics from from Joe Satriani's "Big Bad Moon".

When the night falls, the big moon's gonna rise.
You can look right up, see it in the sky.
Makes me feel like I'm going to blow a fuse.
I start to shiver and shake with a strange kind of blues.

...but I like it.

I see it now the moon is high above.
It's got a hold on me, I just can't get enough.
Big, round, black and white, I feel the pull, I see the light.
Big bad moon's looking down on me tonight.

...but I like it.

When the moon comes, got nowhere to hide.
It can turn your head around like it turns the tide.
Man, woman, boy, child.makes you feel like you were born wild.
The big bad moon's looking down on me tonight.

...but I like it.
...i like it.

talkin' 'bout big bad moon
Ooh yeah big bad moon
talkin' 'bout big bad moon
ooh yeah...

What else could you expect from a guy who with his shaved head and sunglasses looks kinda "Grey". He also has songs and albums titled "Surfing with the Alien", "Flying in a Blue Dream", "Crystal Planet" and "Is there Love in Space".

Badd Eddie
"Eye See" said the blind squirrel

Signs for those who keep a look out for them

James
To a sceptic it's just  a cloud, but to a regular on this forum, it may be more than that.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/8416047/mans-face-seen-in-clouds-before-death

Re: Music with a message - continued from MB2

jrock
This post was updated on .
Hello Eddie,

Why stop at the moon? The next one is for you and John, it's about the truffle eating Marsian called Bigfoot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1jsE4Bp2xw

Re: Music with a message - continued from MB2

baddeddie
This post was updated on .
jrock wrote
Hello Eddie,

Why stop at the moon? The next one is for you and John, it's about the truffle eating Marsian called Bigfoot.
Hi Jas,

Excellent selection you posted.Why stop at Mars, let go to the sun and listen to the "Alien Voices" before we melt away!!!

My next selection is a song that says to "learn from your mistakes going forward" in a round-a-bout kinda way......

Chickenfoot's "Future in the Past":

I said, oh, watchin' them fall
Never hurt at all
One by one
Falling from the sun
And melting down
Sooner hit the ground
Up so fast
The future in the past

Oh, oh
The future's in the past, wooh
Oh yeah, hey, uh

Well, I was thinkin' it's the real thing, wooh
Buckin' like a Mustang
We got everybody talkin'
Yeah, they talkin'
About, "I got mine." wooh, hey

I got a funky, funky feeling
Somewhere in the past
Still everyday believin'
Oh, I'm believin'

Saving the best for last, huh, yeah, oh
Saving the best for last, wooh
Saving the best for last

I hear voices
Alien voices

Ya- ya-ya-ya-ya
Ya- ya-ya-ya-ya

Hey, hey, hey
Hey, hey, hey

Yeah, come on, come on
Future is the past

I'm gonna listen to the future
Listen to the past
Life ain't 'bout no hurry
I'm gonna save the best for last, come on, come on
The future is the past

I'm gonna listen to the children
Listen to my friends
Let science be my church
The song that never ends, come on
Yeah, come on
The future is the past

We don't have to worry
'Bout anything that's done
We each made of wax
Get melted by the sun
come on, bring it on, come on
The future is the past

I'm gonna climb up on the mountain top
Stand naked with the trees
Listen to the voice
Inside you and me, come on, come on, come on
The future's in the past

The future is so past, yeah
Come on
Future is the past, come on
Come on, come on
The future is the past, come on

The lyrics were written by Sammy Hagar, who, in his new book revealed that he'd been abducted by aliens when he was a child..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A16ghCx2cKc

Badd Eddie Rollin' one up and Rockin' out

Check out this Bigfoot Jas   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4d1q3BKUsgo     from 2011

video for Big Bad Moon          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VK-slJC_2TY      from 1989
"Eye See" said the blind squirrel

Re: Music with a message - continued from MB2

baddeddie
A classic from the past, Billy Thorpe's "Children of the Sun"

People of the Earth can you hear me?
Came a voice from the sky on that magical night
And in the colors of thousand sunsets
They traveled to the world on a shivering light

The people of the Earth stood waiting
Watching as the ships came one by one
Setting fire to the sky as they landed
Carryied to the world Children Of The Sun
Children Of The Sun

All at once came a sound from the inside
Then a beam made of light hit the ground
Everone felt the sound of their heartbeat
Every Man - Every Woman - Every Child

They guessed the limits of imagination
To the door - to the world - of another time
And on the journey of a thousand lifetimes
With the Children Of The Sun - They started their climb

Children Of The Sun
Children Of The Sun

No more gravity, nothing holding them down
Floating endlessly, as their ship leaves the ground
Through the walls of time - at the speed of light
Flies the crystal ships on their celestial flight
(On their celestial flight)

Children Of The Sun
Children Of The Sun
Children Of The Sun
Children Of The Sun(to faend)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VZC5vFVJJY    from 1979

I still have the album (vinyl). Interesting artwork on the album cover.

Badd Eddie out!!
"Eye See" said the blind squirrel

Re: Music with a message - continued from MB2

muse1
Hey bad Eddie,

I am one of many pianists one might hear blending into the scenery at a few over priced Chicago restaurants/bars.   BTW, you have to earn those gigs by being subtle and knowing some music repetoir tricks.

The best gigs have no one requesting .....

Your posted lyrics are wonderful...now how to make the music piano friendly...LOL

Re: Music with a message - continued from MB2

baddeddie
This post was updated on .
muse1 wrote
Hey bad Eddie,

I am one of many pianists one might hear blending into the scenery at a few over priced Chicago restaurants/bars.   BTW, you have to earn those gigs by being subtle and knowing some music repetoir tricks.

The best gigs have no one requesting .....

Your posted lyrics are wonderful...now how to make the music piano friendly...LOL
Hi Muse,

I hear you on the piano friendly part!!!!

Having spent 3 plus years floundering and making my mother's grand piano sound awful I most certainly admire your abilities.......I love most instruments (I just can't seem to enjoy the clarinet for some odd reason), have played the trumpet, tuba, euphonium and guitar in addition......my love of the guitar is total but I struggle mightily to play (dad-burned meatsack/soul combo not meant for it i guess)

I'm very pleased that the lyrics are an inspiration to you (and hopefully others) as that was the intent. I'm a rocker and guitar freak so my selections are from that perspective. I hope you'll post some music that you find inspirational and as I mentioned in a post on MB2, music with a message doesn't require lyrics. We have such a diverse group from across the globe and hopefully many will share what is inspirational to them. I really enjoy listening to others selections and expanding my music horizons.............

Badd Eddie out!!!

I wonder who John Lear listens to

I think that you could work out a composition for "Children of the Sun" Mr. muse. I'd love to hear it!!!
"Eye See" said the blind squirrel

Re: Music with a message - continued from MB2

willy42

i thought i'd drop another pearl jam song into this list,  been a while since i posted any music material, way back on the first board.  just thought i'd also let ol' muse know that the band since riot act, three albums ago, almost ten years now, has been heavy piano and keyboard filled and is obvious in this song.  played by the legendary boom gaspar, the love boat capatain.

Unthought Known Lyrics from the Pearl Jam Album: Backspacer

Eddie Vedder has said the song's lyrics are about the human psyche.

PJ Lyrics for Unthought Known:

All the thoughts you never see
You are always thinking
Brain is wide, the brain is deep
Oh, are you sinking?

Feel the path of every day
Which road you taking?
Breathing hard, making hay
Yeah, this is living

Look for love in evidence
That you're worth keeping
Swallowed whole in negatives
It's so sad and sickening

Feel the air up above
Oh, pool of blue sky
Fill the air up with love
All black with starlight

Feel the sky blanket you
With gems and rhinestones!
See the path cut by the moon
For you to walk on

For you to walk on...

Nothing left, nothing left
Nothing there, nothing here...
Nothing left, nothing left
Nothing there, nothing left...
Nothing left, nothing left
Nothing there, nothing here...

See the path cut by the moon
For you to walk on
See the waves on distant shores
Awaiting your arrival

Dream the dreams of other men
You'll be no one's rival
Dream the dreams of others then
You will be no one's rival

You will be no one's rival...

A distant time, a distant space
That's where we're living
A distant time, a distant place
So what ya giving?
What ya giving?

-willy
"...  eyes above the horizon, in the dark before the dawn."

Re: Music with a message - continued from MB2

Phoenix
'"Analog Kid"
RUSH
Signals - 1982
one of my favorites, not just the lyrics but the accompanying melody dramatically sliding into the chorus

A hot and windy august afternoon
Has the trees in constant motion
With a flash of silver leaves
As they're rocking in the breeze

The boy lies in the grass with one blade
Stuck between his teeth
A vague sensation quickens
In his young and restless heart
And a bright and nameless vision
Has him longing to depart

You move me ---
You move me ---
With your buildings and your eyes
Autumn woods and winter skies
You move me ---
You move me ---
Open sea and city lights
Busy streets and dizzy heights
You call me ---
You call me ---

The fawn-eyed girl with sun-browned legs
Dances on the edge of his dream
And her voice rings in his ears
Like the music of the spheres

The boy lies in the grass, unmoving
Staring at the sky
His mother starts to call him
As a hawk goes soaring by
The boy pulls down his baseball cap
And covers up his eyes

Too many hands on my time
Too many feelings ---
Too many things on my mind
When I leave I don't know
What I'm hoping to find
When I leave I don't know
What I'm leaving behind...
I try to do the right thing at the right time.

Re: Music with a message - continued from MB2

bubbapug1985
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCTJmXrgsFg

Enjoy everyone :) Love the guitar solo.
Live forever. One day at a time. Awesome.

Re: Music with a message - continued from MB2

baddeddie

  Pearl Jam's "Unthought Known" youtube video (lyrics posted by Willy):

  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFRQIEv6mC0

  Rush's "Analog Kid" youtube soundtrack (lyrics posted by Phoenix):

  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsTxxPOqzc4

"Eye See" said the blind squirrel

Re: Music with a message - continued from MB2

baddeddie
  My next selection is all Lou's fault

  Tom Petty's "I Won't Back Down"

Well I won't back down
No I won't back down
You can stand me up at the gates of Hell
But I won't back down

No I'll stand my ground
Won't be turned around
And I'll keep this world from dragging me down
Gonna stand my ground
And I won't back down

Hey baby, there ain't no easy way out
Hey yeah, I'll stand my ground
And I won't back down

Well I know what's right
I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin me around
but I'll stand my ground
And I won't back down

Hey baby, there ain't no easy way out
Hey yeah, I'll stand my ground
And I won't back down

Hey baby, there ain't no easy way out
Hey yeah, I'll stand my ground
And I won't back down

No I won't back down

  As I was reading through the complete ATS sleeper threads this song just kept poppin' in my head...............

youtube:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLTYMN8iD00

Badd Eddie out!
"Eye See" said the blind squirrel

Re: Music with a message - continued from MB2

willy42
baddeddie wrote
[...]

pearl jam does a pretty impressive cover of this song as well...

just letting y'all know

thanks for posting the videos as well, i got super lazy and decided to let it go

i do have to say though as amazing this band is live the keys do get a bit drowned out.  you really need to have a good pair of headphones to appreciate the vibe.
-willy
"...  eyes above the horizon, in the dark before the dawn."

Re: Music with a message - continued from MB2

baddeddie

  Pearl Jam's cover of "I Won't Back Down":

  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wkxAmQo-Vw

  Pearl Jam's "Unthought Known" studio version:

  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-Db7U0sicA

solid
"...  eyes above the horizon, in the dark before the dawn."

Re: Music with a message - continued from MB2

baddeddie
  The next song is a tribute to the sleeper:

  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeAlv1E4ToA

  if you open up the "Show More" button it shows the lyrics.

  I think Adam Josh is amongst us. You wouldn't know anything about this jrock??

 Badd Eddie out!!
"Eye See" said the blind squirrel

Re: Music with a message - continued from MB2

baddeddie
Keeping with the sun and moon theme.......

Paul Revere and the Raider's "Mr. Sun, Mr. Moon"

Life is bringing you so down
You don't think you can make it
Every night is a show down
Every day is just fake it
Let me show you a new place
If you follow directions
You'll be wearing a new face
Add it to your collection
Come on:

REFRAIN
Mr. Sun make it fine
Shine on down for this baby of mine
Mr. Moon come on through
When Mr. Sun goes well be counting on you
REPEAT REFRAIN

Let me show you a new place
If you follow directions
You'll be wearing a new face
Add it to your collection
And if you are interested in
What I'm trying to say
Look at me
Your heart is starting to gain on you

REFRAIN
REPEAT REFRAIN
REPEAT REFRAIN AGAIN

Mr. Sun make it fine
Shine on down for this baby of mine
Mr. Moon come on through
Ohhh were counting on you!

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZfcY7ICxdo  from 1969

Badd Eddie
"Eye See" said the blind squirrel

Re: Music with a message - continued from MB2

baddeddie

Hey Mr. Muse, this one has a really killer intro:

  Mr. Lear bin Sultan, I definitely get an image of you back in the day when I hear this song!

  Def Leppard's "Ride into the Sun"

Revvin' up, hundred 'n' four
Hammer down, foot to the floor
Such a hard ride
Ride into the sun
Shootin' in
Got a ticket to ride
Movin' out
This is no place to hide
When you're ridin'
Ride into the sun

We gonna make it baby
So step inside
And if we make it baby
We're gonna ride into the sun
Just ride into the sun

Burn it up
We're gonna cruise
Kick down
Nothin' to lose
When you're ridin'
Ride into the sun

A hot shot
Hooked on the street
I'm in love
Got the fire in me
When I'm ridin'
Ride into the sun

We gonna make it baby
So step inside
And if we make it baby
We're gonna ride
Ride on!

We gonna make it baby
So step inside
And if we make it baby
Ya know we're gonna
Ride
Ride into the sun
Yeah
Ride into the sun
Just ride into the sun
Yeah
Hey!

  Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZolkdoOFDJ8

  Badd Eddie
"Eye See" said the blind squirrel

Re: Music with a message - continued from MB2

jrock
This post was updated on .
Hello All,

Arch Enemy have just released their 3rd video clip from their new album!

Live in Australia in a couple of days, I won one of 10 backstage passes last time and almost fainted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1SlcO0Fikc

The motley crue are from,
Angela Gossow, vocals, Germany
Nick Cordle (new) Virginia USA
Michael Amott guitarist of the year again, Sweden
Daniel Erlandsson, drums, Sweden
Sharlee d Angelo, bass, Sweden

Play it loud Eddie!!

Re: Music with a message - continued from MB2

baddeddie
jrock wrote
Hello All,
Play it loud Eddie!!
Always loud Jas, always!!! I can see why you like Amott so much!!

This next one totally rocks and doesn't have a single guitar lick in it, but plenty of killer piano to open, a groovin' bass solo followed by a bring-down-the-house electric violin performance....man, she worked that fingerboard over along with an awesome bow job on the strings......

Yanni's "The Rain Must Fall"

  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOMjhZ8mBHg

Badd Eddie up and out!!!